What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer. A cookie will typically contain:
- the name of the website from which the cookie has come
- an expiry date (after which it is no longer used)
- some data (often a randomly generated number)
Cookies are used by websites so that they can treat you as an individual. For example they can be used to:
- remember if you have logged in
- remember options that you selected (so that you don’t have to reselect the options each time you visit)
- To collect statistics about how the site is used. We use this information when planning for the future and developing the site.
- To store some information when you move between pages (for example, when you register or apply for a site).
- To know if you are logged in and, optionally, to remember you between visits (so when you return you will see the members or admin options that you are used to – when you use them, you will be asked to log in again).
The cookies are not used to gather personal information and store no personal data. We cannot use the cookies to tell us who you are nor track your individual use of the site.
The table below lists the cookies we use, their purpose and when they expire.
|ad_session_id||Used to remember information that you have entered when you move between certain pages (such as when registering or when applying for a site). The cookie is also used to determine if you are logged in and actively using the system.||30 minutes|
|ad_user_login||Set when you log in. If you don’t select ‘remember my login’ when logging in the cookie expires at the end of your session.||
Jan 31 2035|
End of session
|poll_<poll id number>||Set when you answer a poll on a siblehedinghampc.org.uk site. Each poll will set an individual cookie.||January 1 2035|
|__utma||Google Analytics Allows us to monitor how the site is used and so develop the site to meet visitors’ needs.||2 years|
|__utmb||Google Analytics Allows us to monitor how the site is used and so develop the site to meet visitors’ needs.||30 minutes|
|__utmc||Google Analytics Allows us to monitor how the site is used and so develop the site to meet visitors’ needs.||End of session|
Sites hosted on siblehedinghampc.org.uk may include embedded content from third party sites such as YouTube, Flickr, Facebook etc. Some of these third party sites may also set cookies.
Enabling or disabling cookies
We recommend that you allow all cookies set by this site as they help us provide you with a better service. If you decide to disable our cookies then you will not be able to login or access certain parts of the website.
You can find information about how to enable or disable cookies on the About Cookies website.